The Renaissance program runs for each semester; every student is eligible at the beginning of each semester. In order to earn membership for this incentive based program, students must meet the following criteria for the preceding semester:
- Join the Renaissance Schoology Course- This is split up by grade level.
- Submit Renaissance Application – Available in each student’s agenda book (4 copies, 1 for each mid semester check, 1 for each semester ) and in the online student handbook on the school’s The application will be submitted through an assignment on Schoology. The assignment will post the week the applications are due.
Grades – All As, Bs, and/or Cs (no C-) *All grades must be a 73 or higher
Assignments – Maximum of six (6) supportive assignments (homework, class assignments) may be missed across all classes. Please refer to the student handbook for a more comprehensive description of supportive assessments.
Disciplinary record – No discipline referrals acted upon in the office.
Participation Hours – Minimum 10 hours documented participation per SEMESTER
- What counts?
- KRMS sports/wellness activities, clubs, community service, and/or academic assistance
- Out of school community service
- What does not count?
- Out of school activities (scouts, rec or travel sports teams, dance, karate, etc.)
- What counts?
*As we move to a semester model at the middle school,
we will also host opportunities for students to be recognized
and attend mid-semester Renaissance Fair Check-Ins in November and April.
- Check-In Requirements
- Submit Mid-Semester Application with 5 hours of School and/or Community Involvement (form found in student agendas).
- Discipline Referrals – No administrative discipline issued
- Supportive Assessments – 3 or less zeros
- “Middie” Renaissance Card – cell phone privileges, donut delivery, and raffles
- There are no tiers for “Middie Cards”