Students are assigned to a specific bus by the school Administration. Students will not be allowed to ride any bus other than those assigned in both a.m. and p.m. Transportation policy states: "Each student will be assigned one seat on one bus route with one assigned bus stop. The specific bus route will be determined by the address on record. For example, divorced or separated parents who both live in the district cannot request a seat on two different buses."
Students are to cooperate with the driver by being ready on time and by conducting themselves in a proper manner. New Jersey Annotated, Title 18A:25-2 clearly states: "The driver will be in full charge of the school bus at all times and will be responsible for order; they will never exclude a pupil from the bus, but if unable to manage any pupil, will report the unmanageable pupils to the principal of the school they attend. A pupil may be excluded from the bus for disciplinary reasons by the principal, and the parents will provide for transportation to and from school during the period of such exclusion."
Students are to be at assigned stops 10 minutes prior to assigned time (subject to change by driver) and wait until 10 minutes after assigned time before considering the bus late. The drivers have tight schedules and have been instructed not to wait at all, even if the pupils are on the way. The drivers also may not allow a pupil to board from another stop, so if your child misses the bus, bring him/her directly to school and do not attempt to stop the bus.
Pick up times are subject to change. This change may happen during the course of the school year as the district is growing and the needs of the students could change. We will make every attempt possible to make you aware of any extreme changes in your child's route. It is imperative that you keep the school registrar for each school that your child(ren) attends up to date with any contact information changes as soon as possible.
If a student rides an early bus, he/she is to report to the designated area upon arrival at school. Late afternoon buses are provided for students staying after school but this is not the same route as the regular bus. Door to door transportation is impossible, so a route around the perimeter of the district is designed to drop off students. Any student who acts out of order on late or activity buses will be removed and subject to the discipline code. Parents providing transportation home from an after school activity, must arrive before the late bus departs at 4 p.m. or the student will be instructed to ride the late bus.
- The driver of the bus must be obeyed.
- Be on time; the bus will not wait.
- While waiting for the bus, pupils should not stand in or play in the road or abuse property of the homeowners living near the bus stop.
- Wait for the driver's signal to cross the road or move toward the bus.
- Students should be courteous in lining up, entering or leaving the bus.
- Students should be seated in their assigned seats.
- All students must remain seated until the bus comes to a full stop.
- Pupils shall at all times keep their entire bodies on the bus and keep aisle clear of body parts and other items.
- No one should make unnecessary noise, shout or use objectionable language or shout out of bus windows.
- No student will be permitted to throw or shoot articles within the bus or out of the bus windows.
- Pupils should not fight or engage in hazing of any sort or type.
- No eating, drinking, or chewing gum on and do not leave trash on the school bus.
- All students must ride their assigned bus and enter and leave the bus at their assigned bus stop.
- Report problems to the bus driver who will handle or report to the school Administrator.
Riding the school bus is a privilege. Pupils that do not respect the rights of others in riding the school bus may be suspended from the bus until they learn the fundamentals of good behavior and sgree to abide by them. This includes misbehavior at the bus stop as well.
BICYCLES AND MOPEDS
Students are NOT permitted to ride bicycles/mopeds to or from school. Students are NOT permitted to use skateboards, roller blades, etc. on school property. Anyone in violation will be subject to the Discipline Code and the transportation means will be confiscated until a parent conference is held.