2019-2020 School District Performance Reports
Below provides information about the 2019-2020 New Jersey School Performance Reports, which were recently released and are available on the NJ School Performance Reports webpage at www.njschooldata.org.
Use, Share and Improve the New Jersey School Performance Summary Reports
The School Performance Reports reflect the New Jersey Department of Education’s (NJDOE) commitment to providing parents, students and school communities with a large variety of information about each school and district. These reports can be used as a tool to help evaluate whether all students have equitable access to high quality education. We encourage you to use these reports to:
- Learn more about your school and district
- Start conversations with school community members and ask questions
- Engage with school communities to identify what schools are doing well and where they can improve
Impact of COVID-19 on Data Availability:
The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the NJDOE’s ability to measure school performance and student achievement in 2019-2020. Some data is not available and other data, while available, may not look the same as it did in prior years. However, the NJDOE believes that it is critical to use the available data to continue to find ways to address the impacts of COVID-19. Notes are included throughout the School Performance Reports to explain where data is missing or impacted by COVID-19 and a new Impact of COVID-19 on Data Availability resource is available that summarizes this information.
Enhancements to the 2019-2020 School Performance Reports:
The 2019-2020 reports include changes that respond to stakeholder feedback collected over the last several years and during the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes include:
- New report design with improved visuals and new navigational tools
- Additional data about graduation cohorts to provide more information about students who do not graduate
- New resources to help explain the impact of COVID-19 on the availability of data in the reports
- A new narrative field, “Learning During COVID-19”, to give districts an opportunity to share information on how they responded to the COVID-19 pandemic
One-Page Summary Reports
Along with the full reports, one-page school and district Summary Reports are available. The Summary Reports provide a high-level summary of how well a school or district is performing with data that address questions such as:
- How does our students’ growth compare to students’ growth in other districts?
- Are students at risk?
- Are students graduating?
- How did students perform on assessments?
- Are students college and career ready?
- Do they have access to high-level coursework?
A Summary Report Guide is also available on the School Performance Reports webpage to explain the different data points on the Summary Reports.
The NJDOE continues to seek public input on ways to improve future reports. Please complete the feedback survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019-20SPR or email email@example.com with feedback and suggestions.
NJDOE School Performance Reports:
- District Performance Report
- Kingsway Regional Middle School Performance Report
- Kingsway Regional High School Performance Report