Volunteer Coach Application Procedures
All volunteers, with the exception of visitors and one-time volunteers who remain at school must complete a volunteer application packet, which includes the following:
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Policy Acknowledgement for Policies 9180 and 9181
- Computer Internet Usage Agreement
- Mandated Training Signature Form - please visit https://www.krsd.org/mandatedtraining and scroll to the bottom of the page to review the mandated training. Volunteer Coaches are not required to review the District Updates mandated training.
- Volunteer Criminal History Background Check (Tier II Volunteer Only). Tier II volunteers please visit https://www.krsd.org/volunteerbackgroundcheck to expedite your background check.
Visitors and one-time volunteers do not need to complete an application UNLESS
they accompany students off campus (field trips, class trips).
- One-time volunteers and visitors who remain under the direct supervision of teachers and staff while at school DO NOT need to complete the application packet. These volunteers should not be left alone with students or have unsupervised contact with individual or groups of students.
- Any volunteers accompanying students off campus must complete a volunteer packet including Criminal History Background Check.
All volunteers including one-time volunteers and visitors must:
- Sign in and out at the Main Office of the school they are visiting.
- Wear an identification badge during their volunteer activity or experience.
- Acknowledge that relationships developed with children at school need to remain at school and that for their own protection, volunteers should never be left alone with a child that is out of view of school personnel.