School of Health Professions Admissions
Please note for the Class of 2021 & 2022: Students who are currently enrolled in Introduction to Allied Health or Allied Health II during the 2019-2020 school year will be grandfathered into the program and will not have to apply. However, students will need to remain in good-standing (academics, behavior, attendance) so that they may successfully transition into Health Professions III: Seminar and Practicum during their senior year.
For the Class of 2023 and beyond:
At the end of grade 9, students interested in taking Health Professions I: Introduction to Health Professions will:
- *Submit interest via a Google Form (sent to the students at the end of January)
- Choose the course as a 10th-grade elective
- Meet with the school counselor during the scheduling process and be scheduled for the course. If scheduling conflicts occur, the school counselor will reach out to the student so that he or she may decide if he or she is still interested in the course.
*This is not an official application process for the School of Health Professions but rather a chance to gauge student interest and use as a conversation point during the scheduling process. The official application process occurs during Phase II and is outlined below.
Toward the end of Semester I of Health Professions I: Introduction to Health Professions (during their 10th grade year), students interested in officially entering the School of Health Professions will complete an admissions process to continue into Phase II of the program in their junior/senior year. This admissions process will take into account multiple measures including:
- Their performance in Health Professions I: Introduction to Health Professions
- Teacher recommendation (from the Health Professions I: Introduction to Health Professions teacher.)
- Overall interest in health professions as a career (i.e. an essay or interview).
Phase II also entails that students remain in good-standing (academics, behavior, attendance) so that they may successfully transition into Health Professions III: Seminar and Practicum during their senior year.
Below is all the information that is needed to apply. There is also an information session/Q&A with the teachers of the courses on February 17, 2021 at 9:00am. The link to join that is here.