With so much information readily available online, it is important to stop and check the information you are going to use.
Tips and tools
1) Find out about the source
- Look at the website
- Look at the sites' About Us section
- Look at how the page looks. Clean, well organized...
2) Look at the author
- Is there one?
- Have the written other pieces?
- Who do they write for?
3) Articles provides references and links to check information
- Do links works?
- Do linked sites look trustworthy?
4) Google Reverse Image Search
- Great tool to search Google by images, rather than words.
- upload a picture onto the Google Reverse Image Search site
- Other web pages that have similar images will be in results.
5) Information on more than one site or news channel
- News channels and newspapers should verify the information they report